donderdag 4 februari 2010

Wizdog Reviews: What Is The Wizdog Indoor Potty?

These days, pet products, or should I say gadgets, are all the rage. Some are somewhat beneficial to the dog, some are just plain ludicrous and made only for the dog owners.

At first I thought the indoor dog potty belonged to the last category, you know, a gadget for the lazy owner who wouldn't take the time to properly housebreak a new puppy. The ones I had seen, had in my opinion no advantages to basic paper training, they were just a lot more expensive.Surfing the web I recently stumbled upon the Wizdog indoor potty. It got me thinking about the pros and cons of the indoor dog potty, and I have to admit I changed my mind.

What exactly is a Wizdog indoor potty?
It's an indoor dog potty consisting of a durable plastic tray and fitted grate. It measures 21" X 28" with an elimination space of 15.5" X 23.5" and was specifically designed to fit most daily newspapers (you can also use the store bought pee pads). The paper remains under the grate, preventing your dog or puppy from shredding it. Liquid waste is channeled through the grate to the bottom of the tray, preventing paws from coming in contact with the urine. Solid waste is disposed of by simply lifting and flipping the grate. The grate is only 3/8" deep and is easy to clean. Each Wizdog indoor potty weighs approximately 3 lbs. Each grid cell measures approx 5/8" square and 1/2" deep.

The Wizdog can be used as is, or can fit either newspaper or training pads to absorb the urine. Personally, I like the ecological aspect of that (no added waste like litter,pads or paper are necessary), however it might make cleaning it a bit harder.

For dogs over 40 lbs, 2 Wizdog trays can be combined to accommodate for a larger surface area. Of course, if you have no intention of using the indoor potty after the puppy is fully housebroken and full-grown, there's no sense in buying 2.

Who is this indoor potty designed for?
Your dog, obviously ;-)But seriously, the Wizdog could be a great help for a lot of people.I lived on a 3rd story apartment, no elevator, when I bought my dog. Needless to say, after a couple of months of housetraining the puppy, my physique had greatly improved...I decided to papertrain her at first, so she would know where to go when I wasn't home. Worked like a charm, except for the times when she only put her front paws on the paper or had an identity crisis and thought she was a paper shredder... Kinda wish I had something like a Wizdog back then, would've saved me a lot of time cleaning the apartment.

But the Wizdog indoor potty isn't just for apartment-dwelling dog-lovers; maybe you're not that quick on your feet anymore, disabled, down with the flu, occasionally have to work long hours, stuck in traffic, like to sleep in late, take your dog with you on hotel-holidays, live on a boat,... Or maybe, your dog is terrified of thunderstorms, ill, disabled, afraid of the next-door cat... If your dog knows he can use an indoor dog potty wherever he is, he'll be happier and healthier (I think you'll have a hard time finding kidney-donors for dogs).

Is it really revolutionary?
The term "revolutionary" always makes me a bit wary when contemplating a new product. To me, a revolutionary indoor dog potty would be flushable (you could even teach your dog to flush).

Nonetheless, I think the Wizdog indoor potty is a great idea and it looks like a really good product which does what it claims to do. Of course you still have to put some time and effort in housetraining your dog, it just makes it a lot easier, cleaner and less frustrating. And as with all dog training, some dogs will learn quicker than others, it's up to the owner to figure out what makes his dog "tick".

How much does it cost?
The regular price is $49.95. At the moment they're selling it at an introduction price of $39.95 and including the book "Dog training digest" as a free bonus.

Compared to other indoor potty products I've found, this is a very reasonable price. Especially considering the fact that there are no extra costs necessary to use the Wizdog (sod, pellets, pads,...). And you get a really good guarantee.

Would I buy a Wizdog?
I would, at the moment however I have no need for an indoor dog potty.
Thanks to the good feedback about the product and after sales service, it will be first on my list if the need should arise. One of the other things I like about this company, is how they stress the fact that you should housetrain your dog in a positive way. They also give a 100% satisfaction guarantee, offering a to refund all your money, no questions asked. So basically, you have nothing to lose... except the stress and worry about your dog's potty needs.

Get your own Wizdog indoor dog potty here!

Need more info?
Take a look at the Wizdog website, faq and especially the comparison chart.Also check out the following links to see what users have to say about the Wizdog:
http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-1413.html
http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-1056.html
http://prefurr.com/?p=40

To start using the Wizdog indoor potty and get a free e-book go to the Wizdog website.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten